I haven't found out yet what this tree is. My neighbor hopes it isn't poison Sumac! So do I since I've handled it.Finally the Hemlock Garden is finished.

The Azaleas (6 of them) will be brighter in a few days, and prettier every year. The tiny splotch of pink/red is a Primrose which is already spreading. Everything else there was planted by the neighbor before we bought the property, and all I have to do is enjoy it!
I moved little piles of wood from that area to the back woods and trimmed a little to make access to the area a little easier.
I made a map of it for my garden journal, and then went back to
the finished Herb Garden
The map looks nicer than the garden right now. Because of the water pressure problem last year, this garden didn't get watered during the dry part of summer, and I lost a lot of plants.
It was almost dark when I finally quit working on my notebook, and I took a long walk to relax. On the way home, I found a delightful gift. The squirrels must have nipped off the branch tips of an oak, and they were carpeting the driveway.
I brought them in and put them in a small dish with water. The leaves look bigger here, but they are actually no longer than 1 1/2 inches.Sweet way to end the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment