Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Everyday now I'm outside more than in. I love it! But it's wearing on me. I can't believe I'm actually hoping for rain tomorrow!




Bog Garden is done. It will fill in as summer goes by.


The water still runs from the pipe almost constantly, even though we aren't flooded anymore....though it's going to rain again.






Hemlock Garden is done except the Azaleas which go in next week.

The front borders are raked and weeded.

The front porch is decorated with plants and wicker.
******************************************************
Today I got outside as soon as I could and worked for 4 hours - pretty much nonstop. I clipped greenbrier (which is impossible to remove - you just have to keep it mowed down to the ground.)
Dug up 26 huge (bushel basket width and heavy) lemon balm plants, and bagged them up to rot in the sun. Those roots will never touch soil again! (Never plant it - never, never! It smells ok and is used for tea but tastes a bit bitter, not like lemon at all and it TAKES OVER!)
Weeded 3 garden beds & dug out other invasive pretty things to rot in bags.
Planted one bed with cool weather crops - Chard, Kale, Beets, Turnips & lettuce.
Set up the cement bird bath.
Finally brought in some catnip and got the kitten off on her first drunken bash! LOL! FUN!


Ya know, with all the heavy shoveling, digging with the trowel, loading and moving the soil filled wheel barrow - my biceps really POP! Cool!
Now maybe I should tie the wheelbarrow handles to my waist and pull it that way - work some abs!

No comments:

Post a Comment