Sunday, May 17, 2009

Setback

The willow bed gets moved tomorrow.
It is so beautiful.
But, the place I chose for it is where the snow gets piled up in winter, and also the tree there tends to make it difficult to get out of the car on that side of the driveway. These things never occured to me when I put it in that spot. I didn't care at the time where it was planted, and dh said it would be fine in that spot. Now, I'm attached to it there and will miss looking out the livingroom window any season of the year to see its graceful line. I will move it down to the area where the Hemlocks are. I won't see it there as easily, especially in Winter, but the slight bogginess of that area will work well for it. It was an expensive tree to be tucked away from view like that and I regret.....well, I regret a lot of things. A lot.

I'll move the gray plants that are around the tree to the herb garden, I think. For some reason it (the Herb Garden) has my invisible stamp on it, and people don't walk through it or mess things up, or cut things down, or destroy.

I walked around the woods with him (DH) today and showed him where I had planted things, showed him the Gingko that surprised this year when I thought it was dead.

He showed me all the area he's planning to cut down, clear away and make places to park and turn around.

I'm going to move the Gingko to one of the spots that are for now sacrosanctly mine; the herb garden, and the Hemlock garden. DH said he was walking around the bog garden area a week ago, and I know that means he may have been making plans. "Someone" has already trampled the new Joe Pye weed there. Could have been one of the kids. He won't remember that I planted things there when the time is ripe for him to start his own improvements.

I may also move the 4 small Ash trees I've found to the Hemlock garden - 1 is already there. They like "bottom land" where it is very moist.

Since the "cut-it-down, break-it-off, clear-it-out" urge has kicked into full gear again I think I will also move a Witch Hazel, a seedling beech and one of the smallest Hemlocks close behind the herb garden.

Today, I missed church because I ground my teeth all night without realising it. The tooth guard keeps me from damaging my teeth against each other in my sleep but it doesn't keep me from grinding and hurting the jaw joint. So now I am waiting for Naproxin to kick in and drinking St John's Wort tea - from my own wild St John's Wort! A simple gift.

ETA: So much for sacrosanct! By early evening he had worked his way around "telling me without telling me" that he didn't have room enough between the herb garden and the house to get a truck back to the woods to remove trees. So tomorrow I will also be moving some herbs back 4 feet or so and cutting off the front of the herb garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment