I had weeded most of the garden and transplanted a few plants to better locations. When she came out to join me, she dug a deep square hole for the frame that would be nearly buried, to keep in the mint. While she buried the frame and filled it with rich soil, I pulled up the mint sprigs that were popping out all over the garden, and planted them in the frame. Together we brought in more soil where needed, and then shoveled/hauled mulch to go on the paths between beds.

I still need to make a more accurate diagram of the garden but it's nearly done. Growing there, not counting the cool weather veggie bed, are -
Mint
Catnip
Bee Balm
Feverfew
Poppies
Apothecary Rose, with new plants beginning
Oregano, with new offshoots
Tarragon, with new plants coming in
Angelica
Lovage
Hyssop, 2 kinds
Sage
Thymes
Chives, with new bunches
Egyptian Onions, a huge patch
Asparagus
Limelight Artemisia, in a horse trough
Hops, growing around and over the cedar swing.
I still need to find more used brick to finish the edging, and figure out if I can fill all the bare space with hot weather veggies - I think I can. LOL!
Done now are -
The Bog Garden
I added the 2 Larch seedlings to the Bog Garden today (Sunday, Mother's Day).
The Hemlock Garden will be finished tomorrow when I plant 6 azaleas. (3 pink, 3 yellow), and the last of the Lily of the Valley. The flood appears to have drowned the ones I planted earlier.
To Do yet:
Scent Garden - weeding, remove Greenbrier, plant seeds and flowers, map





No comments:
Post a Comment