Monday, April 27, 2009

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone!

It's fun when you can pun a song like that! LOL! No rain at all today, and maybe not tomorrow.




I got the bog planted as much as I can at this point. It now has Joe Pye Weed and Bee Balm filling the west end, with a rhododendron just behind them. In the center I put witch hazel cuttings (almost right in the water of the pond) and they are already sprouting leaves!

In the front (south) are primrose (3) and a painted fern.
My neighbor gave me a Ligularia today.
[Aegopodium podogarium ‘Variegata’ (Bishop’s Weed)]

I planted it center facing south. It will be 15 inches high and should spread.

The Spice Bush is at the east edge of the bog, and a ditch willow grows on the north side of the pond.

There is still about half the bog to fill. I'll be adding cinnamon and Ostrich fern, daylilies (could use what I have but don't want orange there), Blue Flag Iris more cattails if possible and astilbe.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB


No comments:

Post a Comment